You will almost certainly have a whole host of questions regarding your new web site project and we will be more than happy to answer those questions.
To give you a head start we have compiled a list of some of our most frequently asked questions below, but if your specific question is not covered here, please don’t hesitate to get in touch using one of the methods on our ‘Contact Us‘ page.
- How much will my site cost? – We usually decline to answer this question specifically until we have agreed upon an exact specification for your new website, however as a guide price an electronic version of a brochure (not too dissimilar to our site) will usually cost around £275 to bring to fruition.
- Does the cost include hosting etc? – No, the price quoted will be for website creation only – Domain name purchase and website hosting will cost extra. We usually suggest that the client purchases the domain name and hosting themselves as the will ensure the domain name is registered to them. We will of course be more than happy to advise the client on domain name and hosting options and companies, and will guide you through every step of the way.
- Who provides the graphics etc? – At NWC Web Design we believe very strongly in specialising in doing the things we are good at. We are not graphic designers, and as such are not in a position to supply anything other than basic simple graphics for your site as this is not our area of expertise. If you have your own graphics such as logos etc. in an electronic form then we will be more than happy to incorporate them in to your site. If you need graphic content creating then we can put you in touch with people who will do it for you.
- Who owns the site when its finished? – YOU, the site will be owned exclusively by you, this is part of the reason we ask you to register your domain yourself, as this allows you to have full control over your site. The only concession that we ask is that we include a small link back to our site in the footer of your pages.
- Can the site be edited easily and cheaply? – Yes, one of the reasons behind using WordPress as a development platform is that it is easy for the end user to make simple edits to the content of the site, and update it as they need when they need. If you require training to do this we can also provide that as part of our package quotation.
- What ongoing support do we get? – Once your website project has been completed we will contact you regarding support options. We currently offer a 3-tier support option that includes backups, security patches and website modifications. If you do note wish to purchase a support package, then support hours can be purchased on an ad-hoc basis.